Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Aeg dishwasher 80860 favorit - message says drain blocked

Customer Question

aeg dishwasher 80860 favorit - message says drain blocked and there is a humming sound from the pump.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Did this stop with water above the filters?

How and where is the waste hose connected to the house waste?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
Yes, when I opened the machine water was above the filter. I sponged it out and dried the well. I found a shard of ceramic which I
removed and then restarted the dishwasher but same humming noise from pump. The machine is about 7 years old and is connected
to the main kitchen sink waste. Having emptied the water and investigated the well I cannot see how to get to the pump inpellor.
Regards.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi David
Thanks
It does indeed sound like the pump is blocked
You need to get at this from the other end, sorry!
Disconect the power and remove the waste hose from where it is attached to the house waste.
Follow the waste hose into the machine. Its attached to the waste pump. You will need to take this out and remove the blockage.
Given that t hums, it should be ok. If it fails to run, you would then need to replace it
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob