Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Same problem as above - I replaced the drainage motor on my

Customer Question

Hi
Same problem as above - I replaced the drainage motor on my Neff about 6 months ago - all the filters are clear / spindles are clear etc but it's recirculating 'fine residue' - particularly noticeable on glasses and when the heat cycle starts this bakes to surface. I put a pump into the waste out pipe and blew through this but to no avail. Is there some sort of recirculating unit where stuff is trapped ?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only other thing I can think is whether water isn't clearing fully out the waste pipe - no obvious kinks but it does go up to the kitchen sink height to link to waste pipe
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you check the filters. Particularly the fine mesh one. Check it all seals correctly

Also do you have the model number?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have not had an answer yet - model is S5453X1GBHave cleaned filters and mesh and even removed safety guard through to pump and cleaned there.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Do the filters all lock in place and seal correctly?

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all clicked together - the particles on the glasses are very fine if that makes a different
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The filters should stop this. I would suggest running the longest hottest wash with nothing in the machine. Add the detergent as normal. Let it wash and rinse and then try again. Make sure to scrape plates particuarly of beans !!

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried this - the particles are probably smaller than the filter - have attached photo of a glass that's running in it now
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK. The thing to remember is that there is nothing in the dishwasher that can cause this (Unless its brown like granules). So, it has to be food residue, thats why I asked about the filters as the fine filter will stop this. Pulses are the worst offenders for this tupe of thing as 1 bean will smash into thousands of particles

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some of the granules are dark. It's almost like some the water is dirty and being recirculated. When I run a rinse cycle water is clear but when I open later during a wash cycle water looks cloudy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, does it feel like sand? Very hard, or is it more food like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blend of soft and hard - looks like minuscule broken down food particles - which is why I was thinking is there anywhere small items getting through filter might reside and recycled
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

like i said, I would wash it out with nothing in there. Make sure the filters are good, then retry it. It can only be food thats in there, and the filters will stop it

Rob