Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG L12710VIT integrated washer dryer E72 error code not

Customer Question

AEG L12710VIT integrated washer dryer E72 error code not drying. Which one is the correct NTC to replace?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, yes I'd still like help. I understand there are two thermistors. Opening the bottom cover, I could just reach a cylinder shape prob from a soft rubber duct on the right side (view from front) of the drum. But that thermistor has 4.7k ohm at 22C and response to changing temperature. So I'm not sure I got the right thermistor for E72 error code. The machine is not easy to take out so I would like to know where about inside the machine is the thermistor for E72 and how to get to it. If you can also provide a link to order the part, that'll be great too! Thanks!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok the E72 is the bottom thermistor which is in that rubber hose at the back.
Now they dont fail often and from the reading you got thats about right. But what does happen a lot is the wires break in the connector block that pushes onto the thermistor. Give each wire a tug in the block as they can break in the block itself so just looking it at it can look fine but tug it and it breaks. Now this is very common on these and causes the E72 error code.
But if the wiring is fine then check the fan motor on the top and check this is spinning when you set the dryer going.
Try that and see what you find. As the error code doesnt mean the thermistor is fault it means its not picking up the resistance change from it so it could be a few things that causes this.
But check the wiring block first as most of the time its a broken wire in there.
Let me know what you find.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, sorry I didn't get back as I wasn't able to do anything with recent illness. I have checked the wiring and it looked strong and tight. I have now done further checks and wonder if you would be kind enough to offer advise.I got E72 error by pressing the 2 left-most buttons together with the dial at 12 o'clock (reset). I think this is a red herring. I've forgotten how to enter self diagnostics of this machine, I did it once before and it would flick through the LEDs. Would you know how I can get the machine to run a self diagnostic? It has the 'multi built in' face plate as in this link http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/fix-it-yourself/fault-codes/laundry-fault-codes/3086-aeg-washing-machine-a-washer-dryer-fault-codes.htmlI've notice top left of the machine being very hot but not the drum when I tried drying again. So I opened the top, the part covered in heat shield in the centre got very hot but the round shape, presumably the blower at right back corner did not spin. I took off the belt and drove the blower with my electric drill and I could feel the residual heat being blown through the top hole inside the door seal. I'm pretty sure that blower's motor was meant to be spinning in the drying programme. Is this a case of replacing that blower motor?regards,
humps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it turns out the blower motor does spin, but the blower spindle is too stiff and the motor hasn't got the torque to spin it. I guess the blower must be stuffed with fluff or something. It also looks very difficult to remove...