Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a BOSCH Intelligent frostfree 44,Cool door system,

Customer Question

Hi Daniel. I have a BOSCH Intelligent frostfree 44,Cool door system, and the red light ''alarm'' switched on, and the fridge didn't cool the food any more. Foods in the freezer almost defrosted.
I removed all foods from the fridge, and waited for 3 hrs- it still is only slightly cool. Note environmental temp. is very high- 36 C in the day ( I am on holiday in Greece)
The model No. is :
E-NR KSU445207 O/01 FD8406 030943
Thanks in advance,
Penelope
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Is the compressor at the back running still?
Is it hot to touch?
Also is the room it sitting in air conditioned?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor ( I presume you mean that grill-type device at the back) is not hot-fridge was off for one hour. i switched the fridge on , it made a short noise and stopped.It has a low humming noise now, as if it's trying- it did so before, but it didn't cool down.The room is air-conditioned, but fridge is far from the air-conditioning unit, and in the kitchen area, which is much hotter that rest of room.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note that the compressor - the fridge has been on for a few minutes now- is getting hot
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok fridges dont work well in hot locations as the condenser cannot cool itself down so you get faults like this.
Now it can be down to a system fault which is a compressor or gas fault but one way to check this is if you have a desk top fan place this at the back of the fridge at the bottom aiming at the compressor which is the black pot at the bottom.
This will cool the compressor down and if it is down to the temperture this should get it working a lot better.
But if that doesnt make a difference then the compressor is the issue here and im afraid a fridge engineer will need to do the repair as this isnt a diy fix im afraid.
But try the fan trick if you have one as if it is down to the temperture then this should work. But it will take a few hours for it to start cooling correctly.
Let me know how it goes.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'll try the fan first, and let you know.Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries your very welcome.