Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko WM1500W, which has the Start/Pause, Rinse

Customer Question

I have a Beko WM1500W, which has the Start/Pause, Rinse Hold, Extra Rinse, Wash & Spin/End lights lit!
I have looked at other answers and have drained the water (the door is locked). The waste out is clear (blown through) and the impeller is moving freely.
What does this Christmas Tree of lights mean, and what can I do??
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Are you able to reset the control board by pressing and holding the start button for several seconds?
If so then if you retry a wash cycle will the door lock?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,The Reset button is having no effect. I have held it for over 10 seconds - switched off and held it when switching on, and left it off at the wall for a while to no avail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I just re-read your response. I have not tried the start button, I tried the Reset. I have tried every combination of buttons, and know the child lock is still working. I will try holding the start button & get back to you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if its not resetting then only 2 things can cause this.
Belive it or not worn carbon brushes in the motor can cause this fault.
Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.
Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.
There either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and this will cure the fault from there hopefully.
But if the carbon brushes are fine then its more then likely the control board here. In this case the control board will need to be replaced on this.
So try that and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I'm a competent DIY'er, and can turn my hand to most things, but I have tilted the machine back, got underneath, and looked at the pristine motor. I can't see the bushes, and in trying to disconnect a plug to see more I have broken a purple plastic plug on the underside of the motor.It looks like I will have to call out an engineer and pay that way.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok no worries. But brushes are quite easy to replace and if you are a competent diyer you should be fine.
Look at the back of the motor the carbon brushes in plastic holders held on with 2 screws on each one. Just remove the screws and you can pop the brush out from there in the plastic holder.
But if you cannot do this then if you give an engineer a ring im sure they will sort it for you.
Regards