Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a rangemaster classic 90. I went out and I think the

Customer Question

I have a rangemaster classic 90. I went out and I think the power tripped while I was out. The clock has flashing 0.00 and AUTO is flashing. I can not get it back to manual settings. I have tried pressing the manual button twice ( many times now) and tried turning the power off and then pressing manual twice again. The cooking time is 0.00. What do I need to do to reset it to manual so I can reset the clock and use the oven.
CHEERS!!!!!HELP!!!!!!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
How many buttons is the timer on your oven?
What buttons are they from left to right?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI6 buttons....alarm,pan,pan,hand -,+..............I think I have solved the auto bit.....the clock panel is a little lose ,so i pulled the panel back with one button and then pressed first two.......now i cannot set clock, but at least oven is working
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok to set the clock you need to press and hold the front 2 buttons again and with them held in press the + button and then you can set the clcok.
But if the clock has moved away from the panel that will be why you had trouble setting it first time. Si you need to do the same again and try and pull the timer forwards against the panel.
But if you cannot set the time then you need to remove the hob top and completey and then you can access the back of the timer from there. Try and refit it back onto the panel and see how it goes from there.
Try that and see what happens and let me know.
Regards