Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a DWI600 Homeking dishwasher. It started not always

Customer Question

I have a DWI600 Homeking dishwasher. It started not always pumping out all the water at the end of a cycle. Thee lights illuminated that suggested water was detected i.e. not pumped out. If I let the dishwasher cool down then tried a Rinse cycle the pump kicks in no probs. Last night I took the dishwasher apart and cleaned all the drain system and checked that the pump was spinning ok by connecting it (via a fuse) to the mains. Any other ideas?
thanks very much, Nigel
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay inreplying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please Rob,
After a thorough clean and running a full cycle empty with a dishwasher cleaner it worked ok for two cycles but has shown the failure again. Its weird. If i leave the dishwasher for enough time to cool down the i can run a rinse cycle and it pumps out the water from the bottom with no problems.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me where and how the waste pipe is connected to the house waste?

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, it has its own dedicated waste pipe that goes directly to a grid outside. Its not the type that is connected to a sink waste.The pipe from the dishwasher goes into a vertical piece of waste pipe and i use the U shape bracket that comes on the corrugated dishwasher waste
Nigel
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nigel

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, I was thinking the waste may be partially blocked. If thats not the case, then the waste pump is overheating. When it gets too hot, it cuts out and when it cools down it will start up again.

Take the pump out to make sure it spins freely. Otherwise it sounds like you need to replace the pump itself

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, will do.I have already had the pump off and connected it to the mains via a test lead i made up. It spins freely at room temperature.Do pumps on dishwashers have an internal overheat cutout? Have you seen this type of problem before?Thanks, Nigel
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Some of these do indeed have a thermal cut out, and I have seen this before. I am not sure what else it could be

Rob