Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Daewoo frs-2021WAL which has been playing up years

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Daewoo frs-2021WAL which has been playing up for some years in that the freezer compartment top area doesn't freeze all the time and consequently the area behind the panels ices up causing the fan to become noisy. We defrost it and it works again for a while - what could be causing this? The front panel lights but randomly flashes and we cannot amend any settings - this has been ever since the freezer has been playing up? Appreciate any pointers? Colin
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have a component in the defrost circuit that is not allowing the defrost function to work. Since you have issues with the random lights flashing as well, I suspect the trouble lies with the main electronic control. That part is available at the URL below.
http://www.buyspares.com/daewoo/frs2021wal/pcb-module-modified/product.pl?pid=971794&path=67607:400591,108197:98817&model_ref=3046319
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for your response Kelly, so to be quite clear on this, although there is an issue with defrosting circuit, that isn't a separate component but part of the main PCB? Is there anyway to test the main PCB as I see there is a test button on the board??? What also is the likely-hood of the front panel unit having failed too? Many thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The front panel is just a low voltage board, they rarely fail. They are basically just a fancy switch that is fed from the main control. The main board controls all functions of the refrigerator, so with the dual issues, it is likely faulty. You can push the test button but doubt it will be of much use in diagnosing this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks for confirming that, cheers
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you!