Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've a Zanussi ZDC 67550W tumble dryer. It ha developed a

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I've a Zanussi ZDC 67550W tumble dryer. It ha developed a fault in that it when I set it away, instead of completing the cycle of dry, cool etc it stops on the dry mode and the main start nutton and the three lights above it start flashing. Any ideas please
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I have an answer please to my question sent earlier
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.
Lets see what the error code is stored in there.
Set the dryer going and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.
Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out.
Now the start light will flash.
You need to count the number of red flashes and then the number of green flashes and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, many thanks. I did what you asked. I set the machine away, held the start button and the one to the left of it (Buzzer). The leds did not go out but the start button flashed 3 tiimes in red and 0 in green. hope this helps.
Regards
Paul
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok thats not an error code im afraid as for the error code it will flash red and then green as they dont flash just red only so theres possibley not an error code stored in there.
As to the fault when it runs and before it stops does the dryer get hot?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the dryer gets hot in that it heats the clothes, hadn't noticed any other heat problems, other than when I pulled out the plug the other day, the plug was hot which it normally isn't.
Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok so when you set it going on a cycle the dry light comes on and does it actually dry the clothes?
If so then is the fault with the cooling light comming on and the cool cycle running?
Or does it stop before the clothes are dry?
As to the plug this can get warm when its running but shouldnt get to hot as if it is then its drawing too much current and thats why the plug is hot.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the fault lies in that it does not now complete the cycle. Before it would work through the drying and cooling etc, now it stops in the drying mode but the clothes are still 'wet'.
Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok stupid question but have you checked the condenser at the bottom?
Pull it out and make sure this is clear. Hold it up to a light and make sure you can see day light through it as if this is blocked up then this can cause this fault.
But if thats not the issue then you need to remove the top and then look behind the control board at the front of the drum towards the top and you will see the sensor brush in the plastic holder there touching the drum front.
Check this is still in place. If so then remove the carbon brush bar and turn it 180 degs and refit it and try it that way and see if this work.
Also give the front of the drum a clean were the sensor brush touchs.
But if still the same then its more then likely the control board itself. As there isnt much in these dryers. As the heater gets hot so we know thats working so this leaves either the condesner blocked, the front sensor on the drum or the control board im afraid.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers, ***** ***** these out tomorrow.
Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, checked the condenser, all clear, changed the brush through 180 degrees and cleaned the drum, tried again. Still not working right so think it must be the board.
Thanks
Paul
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
If you have done the above and its still the same then im afraid its looking like the control board is the fault here, Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, my local white goods repairer is coming today to check it out.
Thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok no worries.
Regards