Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Siemens fridge/freezer KK33E97/51 which we

Customer Question

Hi Kelly,
We have a Siemens fridge/freezer KK33E97/51 which we inherited when we bought the house 6.5 years ago. We noticed this morning that it is now strobing and the temperature controls are flashing, currently showing 19 and -2. Is this terminal or will a defrost maybe help? Thanks, Jo
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect it may be control related. Turn the mains off for a few hours and see if the behavior changes. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
Many thanks for your reply. We had switched it off and on again after a few hours and it gradually reset itself after quite a period of time and seemed to be ok again but then 24 hours later the same happened so I think it is time to replace it unfortunately. There is no frost on the back wall inside the freezer as we have defrosted it fully and when we switch it back on we can hear it running it is just it keeps beeping to get to temperature and then seems to strobe again after a while.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it ever get to proper temperatures? When you defrosted it, was there a large build up of frost or one small area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
It did for a little while, less than 24 hours perhaps, then failed again. We have now just bought a new fridge so many thanks for your help but we couldn't keep relying on it to get back up to temperature which took ages as we need a working fridge now!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you.