Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Need help with Kuppersbush IG 644.1 / FD7908 dishwasher

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This sounds like a problem with the circulation of the water
How old is the machine and is it used every day?
Is there water left ABOVE the filters at the end of the wash?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,I have been in contact with your customer service team, as I was expecting an email notification from JA and have only now realized I had to keep the website open all the time and refresh it waiting for a response. I suspect after this job is complete I am going to get aggro re accounts/making payments etc.Anyway, in reply to your questions, the machine is from 2003, but has been very reliable apart from a solder joint inside the door which fails occasionally, causing the water not to heat up. (This is a known problem with the model I have.) In addition, the detergent dispenser door spring broke a few years ago, but we have simply placed a dishwasher tablet in the cutlery tray most of the time and this has worked well. There is a small well with a forked filter type of arrangement right at the bottom of the washer, and the water drains about level with the prongs after each wash.Does the washer use a pump to circulate water rather than simply water pressure, and could that have failed? I can see on the right-hand side of the plastic drain recess that there is a paddle wheel that must be part of a pump. Could this have failed and is it a big job to replace?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
There are two pumps here
One is to circulate the water under high pressue, the other to drain the water
When the machine is actually washing, does it still sound the same or does it sound "weaker"?
Start the machine on any cycle with no crockery
It will drain for about 45 seconds, then stop. At this point, open the door and tell me if the water is above the filters.
Close the door. It will then fill for about a minute. It will then stop and start to wash. Again open the door. Tell me how much water is now above the filters. Place the two spray arms at the 12 oclock position. Close the door and allow it to start again. Wait 30 seconds and open the door. Have the arms moved? Do this another 6 times and tell me if they move
Thanks
Rob