Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Indesit IDL530 dishwasher will not finish its cycle. it

Customer Question

Indesit IDL530 dishwasher will not finish its cycle.
it stops and the wash light is permanently on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Is the wash light just lit or is it flashing?
How long doees it run for before this happens?
And is it stopping full of water?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light stays on, no does not stop full of water
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so how long is it on for before it stops?
Do you hear any water entering into the dishwasher?
Do you hear the wash motor kick in?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stays on the same cycle once it starts
Yes, water does enter
There is a chugging sound, water sloshing about.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if its just stays on the wash cycle and doesnt move on then it may be down to a heating fault.
During the wash do you feel it getting hot?
If not then you need to remove the top and the right hand side panel and access the heater cylinder at the bottom and check the wires in there havnt burnt out. If the wires are fine then you need to test the heater for resistance. It should be 28 Ohms roughly with a multi meter.
If the heater is faulty then you need to replace it and fingers crossed that will cure it.
But if the heater is fine then its usually down to a faulty control board casuing this fault im afarid.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you test the heater for resistence, i will try and borrow a multi meter from a friend.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To test the heater remove the wiring block and on the heater and you will see 2 tags.
With your multi meter you need to place each probe onto one of the tags and set the meter to Ohms setting and it will give the reading on your meter.
You want to see about 30 Ohms roughly.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that the heating element is a rod like thing at the bottom of the wash area, it's connection is at the bottom right of the machine, I tested using a analogue meter, set in dc, it gave a live reading
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached pictures of the type of meter used
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Its not a volatge test you need to do its a contonuity test. But looking at the meter you have its not able to give a probber test looking at it as thats an old meter.
But theres a circuit test on there from what i see. Try that and see if it gives a circuit reading. But you must do this unplugged.
Regards