Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an arisen A1636 which shows error codes 1 and 4

Customer Question

Hi I have an arisen A1636 which shows error codes 1 and 4 (delay timer and rapid buttons flashing)when turned on. The door lock light is flashing and nothing starts
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.
Do you still need help on this?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel. I am confused that I have been charged £11 already and have not had an answer.
Also, I sent an email at 14:17 before getting any response saying:"The problem has resolved itself so please ignore the query for now.
For info, it may be a pcb problem. I turned it off at the mains for 15 minutes to deactivate it and it powered on without any errors after that. I will research pcb prices just in case it comes back!"
Jem
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
The £11 you paid is only a deposit and is sitting in your account untill you spend it either rating an answer or claiming refund.
But as to the fault you have the error code is F12 which means a communication fault between the front and the main control board.
So it can be either the rear control board(main) or the display board or the wiring between them both.
If it happens again then remove the top and look behind the front board and there you will see a wiring block on the front board. Remove this and check theres no signs or corrosion on there as this can give it a bad connection and cause this error code.
But if the wiring is fine then 8 times out of 10 its the main control board at the back that will need to be replaced.
You can get a refurbished board for about £50 so if you need one of them let me know and i can give you the link for the part you need.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but this reply is a little too late so I will be claiming a refund. I had already found an answer elsewhere as noted in my email to you, and had priced up a replacement. Also for error lights 1 and 4 this is surely error code 9 (8 + 1 binary), not error 12.Cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry the ligths is F9 but F9 and F12 are the same faults as they are both communication on the control boards.
I just gave you the answer to check the wiring as its not always down to the control board that causes the F09 fault. Yes the F12 is but the 09 can be the wiring harness between the 2 boards.
But for a refund all you need to do is contact customer services from your home page and they will do this.
Please just dont rate the answer as poor or bad as the rating is for me not the site.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Worries,
Jem
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome