Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung Fridge/Freezer RSH1. The fridge is working

Customer Question

hi I have a Samsung Fridge/Freezer RSH1. The fridge is working fine but the freezer has stopped working and the temp has risen to -3. I've turned it off, tried power freeze, but with not luck. I noticed that has got noisier over the last day. A loud hum
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have a build up of ice on the coil behind the rear wall in the freezer that is impeding the air flow and causing the noise as the fan blade rubs on it. Unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours with the doors open to allow a full thaw. Does proper cooling restore? If so, there is a thermal fuse in a plastic bubble pack in the freezer, behind the rear wall, that is most likely open. Let me know what you find.