Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi ZDC 3700W condenser dryer has stopped working.

Customer Question

My Zanussi ZDC 3700W condenser dryer has stopped working. Ive changed the fuse in the plug but still showing no power.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If theres no power to the dryer then the first thing to do is try the dryer in another plug socket that you know works just in case its a faulty socket.
But if the socket is fine and the fuse is good then remove the top of the dryer and from there look at the back and you will see the mains filter. This is the part were the power cable enters the dryer. Check this and make sure theres no signs of burning on there.
But if thats all thats fine and theres power going to the dryer then its more then likely the control board itself at fault here which will need to be replaced to cure this.
So try the above and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, I have checked the mains filter and all seems in order at that end. If it is the control board are they easy to replace and are they exhorbitantly expensive!?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
They can be replaced quite easy as its a case of remove front plastic control panel and swap it over.
But its not a cheap fix. As a control board for these are about £130 so to be honest its not normaly worth fixing unless its under an insurance policy.
But another way is either Currys Know how or British gas as they both do a fixed price repair for £125 all in.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gulp! Is it wishful thinking to try changing the plug - its one of those sealed types and it does smell slightly of burnt plastic.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
worth a try as you never know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Worth a try but no luck. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Didnt think it would work but well worth a try just in case :(