Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint WMD960 Washing Machine and keeps coming

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Hotpoint WMD960 Washing Machine and keeps coming with a message to check water supply even though its all connected? How can it be resolved? I have switched the machine off and on and also checked the water supply is intact.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help on this?
If so how much water enters the washer before the check water light comes on?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel
No water is entering the washer at all.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok im taking it you have check the water supply is turned on to the washer and the fill hose at the back isnt kinked?
Remove the fill hose and aim it into a bucket and turn the water supply on and check theres good pressure at the fill hose there of the water blasting through.
If thats all ok then its possibley the water valve at fault. To test this you will need a multi meter.
Remove the top of the washer and yo will see the ater valve in the back left corner. On there are a few coils. You need a multi meter to test these. Each coil should test about 3.6K ohms. If any of the coils are faulty then the water valve will need to be replaced.
Check them first and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help offered. I don’t have a multimeter to check the coil. I have requested an engineer call out now.Unfortunately your advise requires tools which a normal household doesn't necessarily have in their garage.Regards
Sanjeev
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
No worries in this case im sure the engineer will sort it for you from there.
The repair of washing machines sometimes needs equipment not every one has as you have found out.
Regards