Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint wmd942 and it does not drain nor spin I've

Customer Question

Hi I have a hotpoint wmd942 and it does not drain nor spin I've drained the filter and loads come out than if I put a was it gets to drain and cut out flashing error code 5 any advise would be excellent
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Error code F05 is a draining error code.
Remove the filter again and this time look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in there you will see the pump Impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there stopping the impeller from turning. As it should ping round in stages.
If thats all clear then check were the drain hose goes to. If it goes under a sink then remove the spigot it pushes to and check theres nothing stuck in there.
Once thats all clear retry it and see how it goes from there. But if its still the same and the pump isnt running then its more likely the pump at fault which will need to be replaced.
But check the impeller first as sometimes the blockage can get past the filter and into the pump impeller.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards