Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi condenser tumble dryer ZDC68560W is sowing an

Customer Question

My Zanussi condenser tumble dryer ZDC68560W is sowing an error code 70 after a few seconds of running, is there anything I can do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Error code 70 is a temperture sensor fault on this.
If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need a multi meter to test the sensor.
Remove the top panel and then the right hand side panel of the dryer.
From there look in the bottom left corner and in the plastic chamber is the sensor.. It will have 2 thin blue wires going to it. Remove the the wiring block and check these no corrosion on there.
Then with your meter you need to test the resistace of the sensor. It should read about 7K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace it and that will sort it out from there.
But if the sensor is fine and the wiring is as well then the control board itself is the issue here and will need to be replaced to cure this.
So check that and see what you find. But the fault will be either the sensor itself or the control board here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards