Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have exactly the same issue of a door not opening on a a

Customer Question

We have exactly the same issue of a door not opening on a a Bosch E-NR WAS532461GB / 10FD(###) ###-#### ***** Daniel T responded to R 8 months ago. What was the outcome? Do I need to call an engineer?
Rob
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Have you tried unplugging the washer and leaving it a few minutes to see if the door will release then?
Also give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening as well.
Try them and see what happens and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done both but still fully locked. What other suggestions as need to get the door open and emptied.Rob
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok is the washer still full of water? In the bottom corner you will see the filter. Open this and drain the water out. You may need a shallow tray to do this.
Once the water is out then try the door and see how it goes from there.
If it still isnt opening then what you need to do is pull the washer out and unplug the washer.
From there you need to reach down the front on the inside on the same side of the door handle and there you will feel the door lock.
If the door handle is on the rigth then feel the far left of the lock and there you will feel the metal door pin.
You need to push the pin to the left and at the same time pull the door handle and then you can open the door from there. Sometimes you may need to use a small flat bladed screwdriver to push the door pin to the left.
Once open check the door handle as its more then likely a snapped handle which will need to be replaced on this.
Do the above and at least this way you can get in there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - have managed to open it. Think the door had dropped I think. Any thoughts as closes again and works but manual opening! We probably need to get a new w/machine anyway!!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so now once its open if you close the door again im taking it you cannot open it again.
If so then its more then likely the door handle thast snapped.
As if you have the door open pull the handle and see if the metal door pin moves backwards. If not then the door handle will need to be replaced to cure this.
Regards