Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint SY36K oven and I would like to be able to

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint SY36K oven and I would like to be able to remove the inner and outer parts of the door to enable me to cleanthe inside of the glass,I can take the door off and have found the bottom screws but none at the top in the handle,can you help.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
To split the doors on this once you have removed the door from the oven look at the very bottom of the door.
There you will see a few screws either side. Remove them screws and then you can lift the outer door glass up and this will then unhook from the door handle at the top.
Do it slowerly as sometimes grease builds up in there and this makes it tight to prise apart from each other.
Once you have them split then you can clean the inner glasses from there.
Try that and see how it goes and let me know.
Regards