Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Meile 6262 microwave. Glass is coming off support. How do

Customer Question

meile 6262 microwave. Glass is coming off support. How do you dismantle the door assembly
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The service manual for this unit is available below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for finding this manual. It doesnt however apply to my M 6262 model. It is type VTFMG which has different screws holding the door frame. It mentions 6 screws however my model also has 6 hinge screws coming thru the frame which need to be removed to get the door frame off. Those hinge screws have a very strange screwhead. Do you know the name of the screwhead? It may be Meile proprietary in which case I'm stufxx.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

They are a Torx head screw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for info. There are the 6 Torx screws but the remaining 6, securing the hinge, are not. They are similar but only have 3 points at the top and a rounded bottom. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of those?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pic attavhed