Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Diplomat ADP 8322 set program shut door, fine minute then

Customer Question

Diplomat ADP 8322 set program shut door, fine for 1 minute then beeps continuously. 7 flashes.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
7 flashes is a filling fault on this. As you say it is filling with water then its possibley a fault on the flow meter as this is a sensor which picks up the flow of water as it enters the dishwasher and sends a signal back to the control board to say its filled up.
What you can try first is remove the filters in the bottom of the dishwasher and look in the sump and on the right hand side you will see a black plastic grid. Pore boling water in there and give it a scrub with an old tooth brush and retry it and see how it goes from there.
If it doesnt cure it then what you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the left hand side panel. From there you will see the plastic filling tank. In there is a small circuit board with a wiring block going to it.
Disconnect this wiring block and refit it a few times as thiS can clean the contacts up on there.
Then retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this will cure the fault. If not then you need to remove the wooden door panel and then remove the outer metal door and you will see the wiring in there. Check the wires as it goes down into the plastic holder and give the wires a tug.
If the wires are fine then its probberly a faulty flow meter which for this you need to replace the plastic filling tank on the left hand side as it comes as part of the tank.
So check that out and see what you find if you can. But the error code its showing is a time out filling.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't tell me I MUST do anything. I paid my money and I will do what I want. As it is I haven't got round to the tedious removal of the integrated unit which is needed before I can test your advice - then I will know whether or not your advice is good or not.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry pal havent got a clue what you mean. Ive not asked you to do anything.
What i have spoke to you about is what you see above. So i havent a clue what you mean sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel, I realise it's not you personally but the website says I must rate you and I can't rate you until I have had time to follow your instructions. It's a tedious and disruptive job to get an integrated machine out and dismantled, so it will be done when I have the time.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok im with you know. Yes its the system thats sending them emails. Its just if an answer isnt rated then it automatically sends emails out.
Check it out when you can. Theres no rush on my side so dont worry about that. And if you get anymore emails of them just ingorne them.
Regards