Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi jetsystem w/m FJ1254w prod no 914512815DD

Customer Question

Hi I have a Zanussi jetsystem w/m FJ1254w prod no###-##-####D Type p6347637 Ser No 30700406. No matter what program I choose it starts to try and empty then after about 5 secs just turns off. I have checked the filter and cleaned it and there seems no blockage. I have tested the water inlet and that is OK and I have tried blowing back into the drainage pipe with the filter open and it does blow the water out of the drain hole. There is no digital read out on this machine so no fault code. What can I do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there.
Turn the washer off.
Press and hold the start button and the skip/reset button
Keep them both held in and turn the washer on.
Once the leds start to scroll let go of the buttons.
Now press the fabrics button till the 40 deg led is lit.
Now look at the row of leds on the far right hand side going down and number them from top to bottom with 1 at the top.
Now some of them will be lit up. Let me know which number lights are lit up.
Then turn the washer off then on then back off again.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only ones lit are 3 , 4, and 6
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. The error code you have is E34.
Not the easyist one to fix as E34 can be a number of faults.
Its either the main pressure switch, electronic pressure switch, Pressure hoses, wiring or control board.
What you need to do is remove the top panel of the washer and from there look on the right hand side and you will see a pressure switch on top of the control board. Then look under the metal support bar behind the control board and theres a white pressure switch.
Remove the hoses of both pressure switchs and cover one with your thumb and blow down the other one.
Then swap hose and do the same.
Then check the wiring going to both pressure switches and then refit the hose and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.
If still the same then you can try and replace the smaller electronic pressure switch which is attched to the control board as this can be the cause, Theres no way of testing it so im afraid its just a case of replacing it.
But thats not the cause then its going to be the main control board here.
But to be honest with you its not really worth replacing the board as this is about the £150 mark so given the washer is a 2002 model its not really worth it but thats up to yourself.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will give it a try and come back to you. Interestingly though this has happened before and after waiting an hour or so and trying again it has worked. I also did manage to get the machine to spin only earlier, but only on one occasion and not since. Does this intermittent fault suggest a blockage or a part on its way out?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
The intermitten fault can be either a blockage in the pressure system or a faulty control board.
I dont think it will be a pressure switch in this case as a pressure sensor will either work or it doesnt. They dont usually give an intermitten fault. But the control board can do im afraid.
Regards