Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an indesit DIF04 It won't start up, I had a block

Customer Question

I have an indesit DIF04
It won't start up,
I had a block drain and I have cleared that the water is on.
All the switches seem to be ok and I have checked the micro switch and it's ok as well , what next
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Will the dishwasher start at all?
Are you getting any flashing lights from it?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
The machine is not starting at all
The lights are not flashing the work as normal power is on and moves across the selection of functions
Joe
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok in this case it may be a fualty door latch unit here.
What you need to do is remove the front plastic control panel. There you will see the door latch in the middle. Check the wiring to it as sometimes the wires can burn on these.
If the wires are fine then check the switch is switching over when it flips back as sometimes it can stick and not activate the microswitch so the control unit thinks the door is open when it isnt.
Check that and see what you find and if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
I have Checked the door switch the micro switch is working fine and sending power through to the machine.
Joe
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if the door switch is working fine but its just not starting at all and you dont get any flashing lights from it then the control board will be the issue here.
As if it was anyother fault you will get flashing lights from it giving an error code. The only parts that dont give the code are the door latch and the control board. As the latch is fine then the control board will be the issue here im afraid and it would need to be replaced to cure this.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that I will order a new one
Cheers Joe
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries your welcome.
Fingers crossed that sorts it from there.
Regards