Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch excel 7 washing machine. On a typical 40 c

Customer Question

I have a Bosch excel 7 washing machine. On a typical 40 c cycle which should last 1:45 it gets stuck with just 1 minute on the clock and repeats the cycle making each wash last over 3 hours
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you get this fault its nearly always down to a fault wash heater. As it doesnt reach the tempture its set to it takes longer to wash and sticks on 1 minute.

What you need to do is access the heater. This is locate at the bottom of the drum either at the front or the back depending on the model.

From there test the resistance of the heater and it should be 28 Ohms. If faulty then you need to replace the heater and this will cure the fault you have and get it back to normal.

But from the fault you have 9 times out of 10 its the heater element that causes this fault. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards