Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Aeg Santo fridge freezer all the temp control lights have

Customer Question

My Aeg Santo fridge freezer all the temp control lights have disappeared
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the full model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says AEG Electrolux Santo
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the salad drawer inside the fridge there will be a sticker on the model details on it. On there is the product code (pnc) it will start with a 9. Can you post this please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S75348KG98
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
04
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Got it now thanks for that.

Has the lights gone off inside the freezer as well?

Can you hear the compressor running at the back?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All lights off no sound from compressor but fridge feels cold water coming from freezer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps electricity went off x2 this eve
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if its all gone off then the fridge is one of the last ones to go off. The water in the freezer will be because its starting to defrost.

Im taking it you have checked the fuse in the plug and you have tried the fridge in another plug socket that you know is working?

If so then all it can be is a faulty control board. But first this may be a stupid question but the fridge hasnt been turned off by the on/off button at the top? Press it in just in case it may have been pressed by mistake.

But if thats not the case and the power supply is good going to the appliance then the control board at the top were the lights are will be the fault here and to cure this you will need to replace it in there and that will sort it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's not the switch don't know if I have a spare fuse I definitely turned the on off button off but can't now get it back on!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Worth checking it in another socket.

But just seen you write that the power went off twice. If you have had problems with the electricty then it could have caused a spike in the appliance and caused the control board to blow. As i have seen this many times were a power surge can blow a control unit.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do u suggest
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If its the control board then it will need to be replaced. Thats the only way you can sort this im afraid.

To access this you need to remove the top panel of the appliance and from there you can access the control boards and swap them over.

But if you need to get someone in to do this then you will be best getting in either British Gas or Currys Knowhow as they both do fixed price repairs for £125 which includes all parts and labour. so for a control board replacment it will be cheaper this way.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.