Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Miele G646plus dishwasher completes a wash cycle, but

Customer Question

My Miele G646plus dishwasher completes a wash cycle, but will not wash again as the inlet/drain light flashes. I tip the dishwasher on its back until the excess water drains, I then load the dishwasher and it will do a complete wash cycle. Could this be a drain pump problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there is water getting into the base of the machine or of it is not draining out, that would indeed cause the issue you are having. Is it leaking onto the floor or will not drain until you tip it back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher drains completely on the next washing cycle after I have tipped it on its back to allow the residue of water to drain on to the floor
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so you have a leak that is setting off the error light. You will need to determine where it is leaking from to restore operation. Hose connections and the motor gaskets are most common to leak. Let me know what you see. I do have the service manual if you would like it to aid with accessing and repairing the leak.