Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi jetstream 1200....try to start it, goes few

Customer Question

I have a zanussi jetstream 1200....try to start it, goes for a few seconds then nothing....can you advise me please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?

If so then can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model FJS 1225 W
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. Lets try and get the error code up.
Turn the washer off and the press and hold the start button and the skip/reset button.
Keep them both held in and then turn the washer on.
Keep them held in till the leds start to scroll down then let go.
Now press the fabrics button untill the 40 deg led is lit up.
Now it will show the error code E??
Let me know the code then turn the washer off then on then back off again.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code is E34
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok not the easyist one to find as E34 can be a number of faults.
Its either the main pressure switch, electronic pressure switch, Pressure hoses, wiring or control board.
What you need to do is remove the top panel of the washer and from there look on the right hand side and you will see a pressure switch on top of the control board. Then look under the metal support bar behind the control board and theres a white pressure switch.
Remove the hoses of both pressure switchs and cover one with your thumb and blow down the other one.
Then swap hose and do the same.
Then check the wiring going to both pressure switches and then refit the hose and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.
If still the same then you can try and replace the smaller electronic pressure switch which is attched to the control board as this can be the cause, Theres no way of testing it so im afraid its just a case of replacing it.
But thats not the cause then its going to be the main control board here.
But to be honest with you its not really worth replacing the board as this is about the £150 mark so given the washer is a 2001 model its not really worth it but thats up to yourself.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Your very welcome. If you could rate the answer i gave as well that would be great.
Regards