Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a rangemaster SXS side by side fridge reezer. The

Customer Question

Hi Dan,
I have a rangemaster SXS side by side fridge reezer. The water has stopped working although ice still functioning. Any ideas on to get this working again?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also does the fridge section seem to be working ok or is the bottom section of th fridge starting to freeze up?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi dan,
No fridge section works fine.
I checked water supply to fridge and this works fine as ice functions as expected.
Nick
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Could you post the model please.
Also if the water filter is inside the fridge at the bottom just check this isnt frozen.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** Filter is outside unit.Could it be a faulty power cable connection to water unit? If so where is the connector on this model?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Im sorry i dont have access to the service details for this model. Its just different brands make fridges for rangemaster so i can only access some of them.

I will opt out now and if another expert can help on this they will jump in.

Regards

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is most likely a faulty water inlet valve solenoid. When you press the dispenser, do you hear the valve humming or buzzing? If so, can you disconnect the line that leads to the dispenser from the valve and then see if water comes out at the valve when dispenser is pressed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly thanks for helping. When I press against the water dispenser the light comes on but there isn't a humming sound. Any ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a meter to test the voltage to the valve solenoid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, no I don't. Can you also explain what Value solenoid is in layman terms.Nick
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The solenoid is the electrical coil on the water valve that opens the valve when power is applied. If you have no meter, there is no way to test it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi kelly,Ok I have bought a volt meter off eBay, should be here in a couple of days.How do I get to the solenoid in order to test it on my model of fridge?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The water line is attached to the inlet valve. Locate the solenoid wires and place your meter leads to them and look for AC voltage when the dispenser lever is depressed.