Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just moved into a new house which a Cooke and

Customer Question

Hi I have just moved into a new house which a Cooke and Lewis induction fitted. I can get it to work at all although it has previously worked.
Model is hah 7000bb and I think it is Whirlpool but they cant help
How do i get the child lock off and even if it is on shopuld there be some lights showing.
Thnaks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This seems to have been sold through IKEA
However this does not seem to have a child lock.
On the data plate there should be a 10 or 12 digit number. Can you let me have that so I can check this further for you
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob - thansk . Its branded Cookew and Lewis so i Think sold through B and Q eather IKea biut Ive been in touch with both as well as Whirl,pool none of whom can help.Whirlpool asked me to find an NC number which I couldnt find
The various numbers references on the underside of the hob areHAH / 7000BB B
ASSY/REV 1.0 T..86 W10389541.Athere 2 12 digit numbers
1102 8541 0837 and
4619(###) ###-####1Good luck
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
This is made by Whirlpool, from those numbers.
It was made specifiaclly for "Cooke and Lewis", who actually dont make anything, just buy products and put their badge on it.
When you say this is a new house, is it a new build, or just new to you??
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just new to me - don't know how old the kitchen is but its in very condition so not that old
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
OK
Im going to ask someone who works at Whirlpool, but normally , I know, they dont have any information on these re badged items
I think your only option here is to go to B and Q and ask them, as they have their own department that deal with appliances that are own brand
Ill let you know if I come up with anyting
In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob - I have been asked to rate your service - I think that this will invoke a payment from me and I dont think this is reasonable as yiu have added at all to my knowledge - youve polite and coutteous but I came on here to work out to work my hob and I still dont know how to do it.Sorry.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I understand
Please feel free to disregard the automated messages
from the site
Rob