Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My neff oven is showing -5- on display and won't turn on any

Customer Question

My neff oven is showing -5- on display and won't turn on any of the functions
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what that is. Does B-AP25-7 sound right?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you open the main oven door theres usually a rating plate on the oven frame and it will start E-nr.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it is B1691N1GB/09
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that ive got it now.
The fault you have is a communication fault between the main control board and the front display control board.
What you can try first if you havent already is turn the power supply off to the oven for 20 minutes as this will allow the electronics to discharge themselves. The after 20 minutes turn it back on and see if this has cleared the fault.
If not then you need to pull the oven out and remove the top panel and from there you will see the main board and the front board. Locate the wiring block connecting them both. Disconnect the wirng at both ends and give the block a gentle squees and refit it and see how it goes from there.
But if after all the above its still the same then im afraid you have a fault on one of the electronics there. As they are just control boards theres no way of testing them to see which is faulty so its a case of replacing it. Now most of the time its the main board that fails rather then the front display board.
But try the above first and see how it goes and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries. thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, have tried turning oven off as suggested but this didn't work. Second bit of advice is a little too technical for me! So I will get someone in to look at it. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok no worries, Im sure if you get someone in they will sort it out for you.
Regards