Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got an Indesit Standard 1200. A fuse blew half way

Customer Question

Hi there
I've got an Indesit Standard 1200. A fuse blew half way through a cycle. Now it switches on but stops after about a minute, and the 'extra rinse' light flashes. Any help gratefully received!
model: WIXL123(UK)1
S/N:###-##-####
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
The light you have flashing is F01 error code which means motor trica fault.
Im afraid for this fault its nearly always the control board at the back which causes the fault.
What you need to do is remove the back panel and from there just check the wiring to the motor and the control board and make sure they are pushed on tight.
But if thats all ok then the control board will be the issue as thats were the triacs are. But for this the cheaper opition is to get Indesit in as they do a fixed price repair for £110 which includes all parts and labour. As when the rear boards are replaced they have to be programmed up with the laptops as the boards are sold blank.
Sorry its not good but i have replaced 100s of these boards for this error code you have. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the clear reply - definitely cheaper to get a new (second-hand) one.
Cheers
Jim
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Yeap it will as you can pick a refurbished one up cheaper then fixing these.
Just sorry its not good news here.
Also if you havent already if you could rate the answer that would be great.
Many thanks