Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We've had NEFF circo therm ovens . 4

Customer Question

We've had NEFF circo therm ovens for decades. 4 years ago we kept the 'newer' of 2 we had (under counter models) and bought another one. The new one has never been as reliable as the older at cooking cakes, so I used the old one for that. Now I'm wanting to use both ovens for cakes.
The new model does have a conventional option, and I've re-read the unhelpful manual and not cooking on Level 2, but my cakes are still not rising, and sometimes sinking badly. Yet results for roasting meat and veg etc are perfect. It seems as though the oven is not hot enough, and I'd like to 'test' the temperature in the oven. Is there a good/reliable oven thermometer or other gizmo I can use to test the temperatures myself?
We live a long way from anywhere so call outs are expensive.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of poor baking results is a too short preheat time. Even though the control says it is ready, with cakes other sensitive foods, you need to allow at least 30-45 minutes preheat period, called "cavity conditioning" between the manufacturers. A thermometer is available below. Allow 45 minutes after starting the oven to get an accurate reading.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Thermometer-Stainless-Steel/dp/B0001IWVD0