Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've just plumbed in my currys essentials slimline dishwasher

Customer Question

Hi I've just plumbed in my currys essentials slimline dishwasher , unfortunately I cannot run the first program (rapid wash) or any program for tha matter as the 1 hour program is blinking rapidly and buzzer sounding.instructions says it has a faulty float switch or the pcb is at fault. This is a brand new machine. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Water could have got into the base of the dishwasher when you installed it as this will activate the flood switch in there.
What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain from the base.
Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself. So then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes and fingers crossed this cures it.
Try that and see what happens and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry I'm late getting back to you ( had to go way on business ) I tried what you suggested and it seemed to reset it self as I could choose the program( rapid wash) but once started it went back into the 1hour blinking mode with alarm sounding.
Thanks Ian
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
If that reset it but its done it again then theres something under there leaking.
As this is brand new you will need to go back to Currys and either get it exchanged or repaired.
But if you want to check this out yourself then you need to remove the side panels and there you will see all the workings under there. Check to see if theres any lose hose or anything broken under there.
Regards