Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

HelloI have a Siemens Dish Washer , ModelS16PIS (?) or on the front it

Customer Question

Hello
I have a Siemens Dish Washer , ModelS16PIS (?) or on the front it shows IQ100.
I am getting E25 when I run a pre rinse and E24 when I run an Autosensor.
I looked at this site and someone suggested pouring some water into the washer , which I did , but to no avail.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This is indicating a failure to drain
Is there water above the filters?
How and where is the waste hose connected to the house waste?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RobBased on an answer on here I actually poured some water into the machine. Prior to that there was none. The othner answe suggested it was some mechanism . I am sorry but I have got Really pissed of with the web site which seems to be american based and seem to be wanting to sign me up for all sorts of things. As to your other question , I would not have a clue. i just know that untl this morning it was running fine.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
OK, this is an American site, but I am from London (if that helps!!)
Please ignore all the "upselling", I understand its frustrating!!
You have paid a fixed amount, and its a one off payment.
Hopefully we can sort this
OK, if there is water above the filters now, select any new cycle and start it.
It should drain fot about 45 seconds, then stop. At this point open the door. Has the water gone?
Close the door, it should now fill and wash. Tell me what happens
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have set that going , but I have rerun two of the cycles a number of times and the water did not drain away. I have now chosen a different cycle.
Incidentally will I not be put on one of those monthly payment things?I think some of the water drained away. Have reshut the door. It is now gone longer than before. Amazingly the water is now coming into the Dishwasher. How the hell did that wok when it was nothing I had not done before , except for opening the doo at 45 seconds.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
You have NOT signed up for a subscription, just the one off payment you agreed to.
OK
The error codes were both a failure to drain
I suspect that there was a pip or something stuck in the drain pump. By opening the door as I told you, it can release the pressure
If its now filling, you should now be ok
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RobThank you , You have been the voice of reason and handled an irate me brilliantly , plus you got my Dishwasher working.Have rated you excellent. I think you must have studied psychology as well! Thank you.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for the compliments, and your very welcome
All the best
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RobUnfortunately I spoke too soon and 5 minutes later it went to E24 again (aftyer it had done a lot of cleaning)
I have put it onto t5he Autosense cycle, and have opened the door twice and this time opened it and water was coming into the washer. IK will stay with it to see if it finishes . I will let you know if it does not. This cycle does take upwards of two hours .
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HI
OK
Let me know what happens and if the machine stops full of water9ABOVE the filters), or not
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob
It has just failed again and it is full of soapy water. E24Wayne
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wayne
OK
So the problem is definately a failure to drain
First thing to check is where the waste hose is connected to the house waste. Maybe under the sink??
Check this is not blocked.
Disconect the hose and put the hose into a bucket and start a new cycle, do you hear the pump run, does it pump the water into the bucket?
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what I am looking for but will try
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Its the grey (probably) hose that goes from the back of the dishwasher to the house waste
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see the back of the dishwasher but I have found a gre crinkly rubber pipe that seems to come from that direction but I cannot see how to detach it. It goes into a white plastic pipe , which in turn seems to be attached to the pipe from the sinmk.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
That sounds like it, or else its the one from the washing machine?
Does it just drop into a plastic solid pipe that is about 2 inches in diameter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes , but it is held there very firmly. I am pretty positive it is the dishwasher as it is on one side and the washing machine on the other. The grey thing goes in to the white plastic pipe but I cannot get it out.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK
It should just be pushed down inside the pipe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is very firm in there. I have asked a neighbour if he can help as he is better than me at this. I will get back to you once he has been.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we got it off . no water came out . io took out the filter , found a piece of glass , removed glass. it has gone to error e15n , which won't go away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot turn the dishwasher off now.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
OK
so now there is water in the base.
This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.
Refit the hose and try it again
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses again? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. will try tyhis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK . GBot rid of the water (could not lean it over is under a bench , but scooped water out and then dried it all inside with towels. Turned the machine back onm and E15 appears again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob
##
I am wondering if it is the tilting of the machine to 45 degrees that does this. Surely no one would be so silly as to design it like that? It is virtually impossible for me to do this. I cannot get the machine more than 50% out from the bench. Help. I am sitting here feeling very stupid and worried.. It is now 20 minutes since I told you that the E15 will not go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually did manage to pull it out further *(messed up the skirting board)( put it to 45 degrees , put it back in , turned it on and it is still E15!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hullo. |Is anyone there? Can someone please answer me please. Rob , where are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the 5th attempot , with the thing on and then when it went blank pushing the start (when ity went blank and I did not push start it came back to E15) and it is now running a cycle. If this does not work I give up and will either buy a new dish washer or get in an engineer. Truthfully that would have been better in my case. This has been harrowing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. This went to Error 24 again and I give up. I would like to amend my rating because you have ignored for the last hour plus and the bloody thing is not working. I will either get in an engineer or buy a new dishwasher. I actually think I should be refunded the money I paid. This has been a tota waste of my time which is worth a lot more that what it would have cost for an engineer.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I am sorry I wasnt here, but I am not online 24 hours a day
I am not sure of your abilities, as I have never met you, However, I can assure you that the procedure for resetting this is, exactly as I described
Please remember that I have over 30 years experience fixing dishwashers and I am trying to help you.
It is entirely up to you if you wish to continue or is you would prefer to call an engineer out
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a waste of time. i have an engineer calling tomorrow.