Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rob I. Have a 7 year old zanussi built in dishwasher model

Customer Question

Hi Rob I. Have a 7 year old zanussi built in dishwasher model zdt 6053..it appears the rinse agent unit is blocked I can't pour any rinse aid into the dispenser. .any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If the rinse aid is blocked inside then what you can try is remove the outer door panel and from there remove the dispenser unit and then you can remove the rinse cap and shake it over the sink and see if it will clear itself out from there.
If it wont then the dispenser unit will need to be replaced as you cannot access the inside of the dispenser unit as its a sealed unit so all you can do is replace it.
But try removing it and give it a good shake as this should clear what ever is blocking it in there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards