Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My tumble dryer is only blowing cold air. How can I fix it? it is an AEG Lavatherm P

Customer Question

hi,
My tumble dryer is only blowing cold air. How can I fix it?
it is an AEG Lavatherm Protex Model T65270 AC
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?
If so then to find the fault what you need to do is remove the buldge cover on the back and behind there you will see the heater.
Remove this from the cabinet and turn it over. There you will see 2 thermostats. You need to test these with a multi meter to see if any are faulty. If any are faulty then the heater will need to be replaced as the thermostats come part of the heater unit.
If the thermostats are fine then check the heater spring coils inside the heater and see if any are broken.
But if the heater and thermostats are fine then its possibley the control board on the top on the side as this is what controls the heater unit in there.
Chec them out first and see what you find and let me know.
Regards