Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel, I am looking at a kenwood KDW12SL3A dishwasher it fills and drops in the tablet

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I am looking at a kenwood KDW12SL3A dishwasher it fills and drops in the tablet but the wash is not kicking in! It sounds like the pump is trying to start as there is a buzzing noise but the wash doesn't initiate, any ideas? I'm thinking maybe there is something stuck in the pump finns or the pump is on its way out! There is no error code showing! I normally work on industrial dishwashers so this is an unusual one for me
Thanks
Lisa
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If the motor isnt kicking in then its more then likely either a faulty wash motor or the capacitor. As the capacitor gives the motor a boost to start washing. If this failes then you get this fault were it sits there buzzing and not washing. But a faulty motor will also cause the same fault.
So if you are looking at fixing this youself then you need to access the wash motor underneath and bolted to the motor is the capacitor. You can try and replace this and see if it cures it.
If it doesnt then the motor itslef will need to be replaced.
So try the above and see what you find as the fault willbe either the motor itself or the capacitor. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards