Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Siemens EH9 SK1 induction hob doesn't seem to be working.

Customer Question

Hi. My Siemens EH9 SK1 induction hob doesn't seem to be working. I press it on and place an approved pot on the ring. I then select the power level for the particular ring and it comes on initially, then starts flashing and then switches off. I have looked through the troubleshooting in the manual but cannot find an answer. Please help! Thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The flashing is an error indicator. Turn the power off at the mains for a few hours. Does the behavior change? Is there a pattern to the flashing, how many flashes between pauses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get one hob to work. The others, once the level is selected, it starts flashing. I've tried switching it off at the main but it hasn't helped. There's not really a pause between flashes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There is a problem with the electronics internally. The problem is going to be with determining which has failed. There are several boards inside and no way to diagnose with 100% certainty with no error codes. You may want to have this professionally repaired. One board could easily cost as much or more than a service call out fee.