Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just got an indesit washingmachine. installed it, connected it and wanted to run the clea

Customer Question

just got an indesit washingmachine. installed it, connected it and wanted to run the cleaning program they propose for the first run.
Program doesnt start but the start button flashes orange and the door lock light flashes red and the bloody thing is just beeping
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also when you start a wash cycle will the door lock so you cannot open it?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Indesit XWSC 61251 and no, the door is not locking at all.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. If the door isnt locking and the door light is flashing then its more then likely the door lock.
To be honest ive had a few brand new Indesit washers where the door lock failed from new and just wont start.
Im afraid for this the washer is faulty so you need to either go back to your retailer for an exchange or get Indesit in to fix it. Now fixing it should be quick as they will carry the door lock with them. But ive been to a few customers that dont want it fixing so as the washer is new Indesit will exchange the washer for you.
So you have a few opitions here. I know its not good on a brand new washer failing but from what you have said its looking like the door lock as i have had a few recently failing like this on brand new washers.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards