Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Every so often low temp beeper goes off but contents okay

Customer Question

every so often low temp beeper goes off but contents okay
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the make and model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
its a Hotpoint FZFM151
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
What happens a lot on these is the evaporator builds up with too much ice and stops the air flow around the appliance and cause the warning light to come on.
What you can do if you can is empty the freezer and then remove the back panels.
Then you need to look at the top of the freezer towards the front at the plastic cover there and either side is a screw. Remove this and then you can drop the cover down.
You need to disconnect the wiring in there and then you can fully remove this and clear all the ice in there. Then check the evaporator and if this is all blocked with ice you need to use a hairdryer and melt it.
Then refit it and retry it and fingers crossed that cures it. But if you dont want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt away. Then retry it and see how it goes.
Try the above and see how it goes and let me know.
Regards