Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Daniel... When I run the Gentle Dry function on my Siemens D12.52 washer-dryer it works

Customer Question

Hi Daniel... When I run the Gentle Dry function on my Siemens D12.52 washer-dryer it works fine for one minute then stops, makes a rather ugly grinding noise and indicates fault F:17. None of the issues addressed under F:17 in the manual relate to the dryer functionality, the filter & inlet hose are both fine and the water supply is on... What's the solution, please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F17 error means that there is water getting into the condenser chamber while the machine is drying. Unplug the machine and remove the top cover. You will see the heating element near the top and the heating chamber below the element. Is that area plugged with fluff?