Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

On a hotpoint wdal8640p washer/dryer can you use wash only

Customer Question

on a hotpoint wdal8640p washer/dryer can you use wash only
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me. To use just the washing machine without the dryer, just make sure you dont select a drying function on the dryer knob, ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you dont select a drying program the washing program will keep spinning for ever and never switch off. my aunt just wants to use the wash cycle and then hang her washing outside in the fine weather
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiDoes it spin for ever, or does it agitate like in the wash cycle?How old is the machine? ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it agitates as in wash cycle its a brand new machine
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiThanksI am afrid that you will need to contact Hotpoint for this, given that it is under warranty You should not start to dismantle the machine as they could say you have invalidated the warranty With nothing selected on the dryer knob, it should just stop and not continue Sorry its probably not what you wanted to hear.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob