Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I Have a problem with Our Electrolux ENN 26800 fridge part of the appliance, I can not get

Customer Question

I Have a problem with Our Electrolux ENN 26800 fridge part of the appliance, I can not get the fridge to set to the correct temperature,
It is not cool enough, I have followed the instructions , Any help is appreciated
Thank you
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help on this? If so if you open the freezer and look at the very top you will see a vent, Shine a tourch in there and see if theres a build up of ice or frost in there and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yea there is ice in the vent , not masses, What should we do now ?Kind Regards *****
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
If the vent ihas ice in there then the evaporator will be blocked with ice in there stopping the cool air being blown upto the frodge section as on this all the cooling is done inside the freezer and a fan blows the cold air in there.
What you need to do is empty the freezer and turn the appliance off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open. This will allow all the ice in the freezer evaporator to melt.
Then turn it back on and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures it.
But if after a few weeks it does the same then its more then likely the defrost heater at fault. For this you need to strip the evaporator housing down inside the freezer at the top and access the heater and test with a multi meter and replace if faulty and that should cure it.
So try the above and see what you find and let me know. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards