Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kelvinato frost free fridge , i am insured item. The

Customer Question

I have a kelvinato frost free fridge , i am insured for this item. The man came and
said that a wire inside of the fridge should not be their. When it was repaired before, the man put a small part at the back of the fridge, and it worked fine. Their has been a lot of water leaking in side and then freezing. He is
saying i need a new fridge. I think it needs a small part again. can you advise me please.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! A common part that is installed in the defrost drain line to prevent freezing is a copper wire wrapped around the heating element. They work well to keep the drain from freezing but also can melt a hole in the plastic liner. I suspect that is what happened to your refrigerator. Do you know if that is what was installed?