Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi ZCG7902XN. The hob is working fine but the

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ZCG7902XN. The hob is working fine but the grill and ovens will not work. As the display is not working I checked the electrics but they are fine (hob Igniting) Can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If the power supply to the oven is fine but the clock isnt comming on then what you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
There you will see the mains cable going to the mains connection box. Check this and make sure there isnt any signs of burning on there.
If thats fine then look on the back and you will find a small thermostat, It wll have 2 wires going to it. Check this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If it is then its faulty and will need to be replaced.
As when you get a fault like this its either a burnt block or the thermal cut out thermostat is faulty as it stops the power going to the timer.
But if thats all ok then im afraid you are left with a faulty timer unit here which will need to be replaced for the oven to work.
But check the back first and see what you find and let me know.
Regards