Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I got an AEG LM5400-U Lavazza favola coffe machine

Customer Question

I got an AEG LM5400-U Lavazza favola coffe machine with milk cup.
Resently the milk is not warming, I try without the cup, and could see steam is comnng out the tube, I am not sure if it is enogh steam, but the milk just won't warm.
any answer is more then welcome.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you are getting steam but poor heating, the issue is likely a fitting that is leaking internally or a partial obstruction in the lines inside. Have you noticed any leakage under the machine? Is the water used filtered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,The water is filtered, I did not noticed any leakage under the machine, also as I mentioned I can feel (and see)the steam going out the tube, but I do not have how to determine, if this is the correct pressure.
internal leakage or obstruction? how can determine it?Regards,
Harold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,one other thing I noticed, if no pod, the steam is coming out the coffee nozle, is this ok?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The steam should be coming only at the nozzle. I suspect there is an issue in the machine. It will require extensive disassembly to inspect the internal components. I do not have the manual for that model, so will place your question back to the list if you would like to attempt repair yourself. Another may have the manual, I am not sure. Let me know if you intend to take it apart for inspection & repair and I can open the question for others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,Thanks, ***** ***** would,
I have never add technitian in my house, repaired all alone, and rather continue this patrh.Regards,
Harold.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you. I will place your question back to the list in hopes another has the manual for that model. You won't need to do anything, it will go to the top of the list. Please do not rate or reply or it will lock the question to me and others will not be able to see it.