Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My trinity bendix aw 1002 w washing machine goes straight to end

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Internet said it could be the motor or board if it is how do I know which one it is and is it worth replacing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there.
Set the washer going on a spin cycle.
Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.
Keep them both held in till the leds go out then let go.
Now the start light will flash.
You need to count the number of red flashes then the number of green flashes from it and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 red and 3 green
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that.
This error code is a door lock related fault. What you need to do is open the door and remove the plastic clamp around the seal and then unlipp the seal and peel back.
Make sure the washer is unplugged.
Then remove the 2 screws holding the door lock on.
Then pull the door lock through the port hole and remove the plastic cover over the wiring.
Then disconnect the wiring block and inspect it for signs of burning. As sometimes the wiring block burns and it causes this fault. If it has then the door lock needs to be replaced and the wiring repaired and that should cure it.
But if the door lock and the wiring are both fine then the control board will be the issue and will need to be replaced.
So check them out and see what you find as it will be either the door lock and wiring or the control board at fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards