Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool ADP 5300 WH, during a cycle, it stopped, flashing the 'Cancel"

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool ADP 5300 WH, during a cycle, it stopped, flashing the 'Cancel" light 8 times. I checked the filters for cleanliness and drain hose for kinks, but do not know how to remove the closure disk of the syphon hose. I'm stationed overseas so I can't call a repairman to help me. Can you? Also, how do you remove the syphon hose from the back of the dishwasher so I can check for clogs?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Some things to check are below. Is it not pumping out at all?
F8 - Water Level Failure
Failures are supervised over the whole program. Mechanical water indicator WI Spray pump works, the WI switches more than 20 times in 2 minutes back
Optical Water Indicator
Always after the OWI - signal is missing the electrical components are turned off for 5 sec. If after the 5 sec. the OWl-Signal is still not present then it notes a failure F8. If, however, after the 5 sec the OWl-Signal is present, then the water-level is filled to 6 Ltr. and the electrical components are again turned on. After the OWl signal is missing for a second time note an F8 failure.
Water inlet defect?
Should switch on after approximately a 1 litre intake of water
Filter blocked
Water foaming giving false reading
Pot has turned off and is filled with spray water
No stable spray pump working, main wash motor faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great and all, but what can I do to clear the fault? Where is the closure disk referenced in the instructions? How do I remove the drain hose from the back of the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The issue is not with the drainage, it is with the water filling or the recirculation pressure in the wash cycle. Is there water in the tub that has not drained?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is. I figured it was just because it stopped mid-cycle, so I didn't think it was anything. So now what, figure out a way to remove the water?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Odd, the error indicates a fill error. Can you hear the pump run?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. When I plug it in nothing happens but the error code flashing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It sounds to me like the electronic controller may be having trouble. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has seen this issue before, though.