Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Lehel 3 way fridge and the electric element has failed.

Customer Question

I have a Lehel 3 way fridge and the electric element has failed. I understand Lehel was bought by Electrolux. The element is 12/220V/110/130/60W. Are they still available?
If not can elements from Electrlux 3 way fridges be used? I mainly use the fridge on a 240V supply and very occassionally on gas. I never need the 12V option.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The brand name on the unit is not important when replacing the element. The physical size of the element, the mount and the wattage/voltage are all that will be needed to find a replacement. Can you post that information, please? It can all be found on the element or by measuring. A picture may help, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, the element is 19mm diameter and 85mm long and has a ceramic type of external finish. The element just slides into a metal pipe. Refer photo 3 of the element withdrawn and sitting below the pipe (note the fridge s on its side). The element ratings are as per my initial email and are visible in the close up photos 1 & 2. If the dual voltage is not available then I can settle for 240V 130W
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to locate that style of element. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another knows of a source.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying Kelly and I appreciate you re-posting my question.